Training to Live

living and learning, one day at a time

not a personal best »« life$tyle$ of the rich and famou$

inspiration

pretty things around the web:

new favourite website/blogs that make my days better

1) [i] Lovelife

written by artist, photographer, and ray of sunshine, kal barteski

.Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 9.58.34 AM.jpg

2) enJOY it

written by artist, crafter, designer and creator of beautiful things, elise joy (what a perfect name!) blaha

the posts on her wedding are STUNNING. also, she has an etsy shop, and i want one of everything.

Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 10.04.31 AM.jpg

3) young house love

an absolutely beautiful home design blog, written by husband and wife team john and sherry. this makes me super excited to completely design/decorate our new home sometime in the next year or two.

Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 10.08.20 AM.jpg

4) tea and cookies

the intersection of food and life, written by tea! i don’t need to say any more. this blog is glorious.

Screen shot 2010-06-14 at 12.59.52 PM.png

i’m excited that the world cup has rolled around again. i’ve been watching (and loving) international soccer since 1986, when i was just 4 years old (cheering for argentina at the time). although i don’t have the patience (or the time or the cable) to watch entire games, i have had fun making my bracket and watching/reading highlights.

Photo on 2010-06-14 at 09.55.jpg
my bracket is messy!!

today is my monthly day off from work and boy do i need it! i ran a really hard race on saturday (SO. MANY. HILLS) and we spent all of sunday doing chores inside and outside the house. i woke up early this morning to go to hot yoga and then took a nice lon g epsom bath, which have both really helped with my sore quads. i’m planning to spend the rest of the day doing a mix of more chores and fun, relaxing things

, ,
June 14, 2010 at 9:31 am
5 comments »
  • June 22, 2010 at 4:49 pmLeah Bean

OMG I love Elise and Kal so much. Did you get those blogs from mine, or did you know about them before? If you did hear about them from me, I’d be a little bit proud, I have to say.

The other blogs look awesome too. I’ll have to check them out!

I have to say soccer on TV doesn’t excite me much at all. But, a friend of mine loves it, so I hear about it.

• June 22, 2010 at 5:54 pmhaya

yes! well. i found elise’s site from your blogroll and fell in love instantly. i found [i] lovelife a little while ago in some very convoluted way while i was working on a project that i will eventually get around to posting about. i got excited when i saw that you read it too!

i haven’t actually watched any games yet. i haven’t even watched clips or highlights! but i have been keeping track of standings. so far my predictions are at least 25% off, but that’s ok.

• October 16, 2012 at 7:14 pmGerald Abarca

I think Marissa Mayer has been doing a fantastic job and can’t delay to determine what is next. I truly loved this post here much: http://www.forbes.com/sites/markfidelman/2012/10/15/inside-yahoo-how-marissa-mayer-can-turn-it-all-around/

• May 6, 2013 at 4:21 pmSam

Hey very cool site!! Man .. Excellent .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your site and take the feeds also…I’m happy to find numerous useful information here in the post, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing. . . . . .

• December 10, 2014 at 1:06 pmmeal coupons

You have got the right way done the actual involved subject matter in a really well-defined and uncomplicated style. I properly take pleasure in it.